some folks drive the bears out of the wilderness, some to see a bear would pay a fee -
but me, i just bear up to my bewildered best, and some folks even see the bear in me
-Lyle Lovett

Sunday, February 12, 2006

my cat loves Q-tips, too

Jayne made a funny little commic of my cat here. I hope that link works. He does seem obsessed with licking nylon straps.

Last night Heidi accompanied me (thank you heidi) to midnight tango at trabant. I'm glad she came or I wouldn't have gone, since no one else wanted to go. Speaking of Shayna, we need to get her over here to say hello sometime. And she asked me about candy poker. I would like some candy poker please. J? P? H? Anyway. Tango was fun. Not as fun as the first time we went, but still really fun. I like following. Its neat how you can like psychically know where the other person is going to step. only its not really psychic.

Also have lots of homework coming up. Didn't get as much finished this weekend as i wanted, but i wasn't completely worthless. Still have to finish (write most of) a paper for Film Theory, and get most of my paper written for History since I'll be gone next weekend. And then, on top of those and daily french homework, i now have 12 FPS packets that need to be graded by the 24th. So, fun times ahead, i guess.

Oh, and i started my strange job on friday. I'm working in APL for a guy who's working for the neurobiology department. Apparently they're trying to come up with a way to measure the pressure inside your brain without having to drill into it. Which if they succeed, will be really awesome and a big breakthrough and stuff. So thats cool. But i don't really do anything with that. I run errands. Take boxes to the medical center, scan documents, and find things to buy and fill out purchase orders. super exciting. but, it means now that i'll work 11.5 hours a week instead of 6- which will double my paycheck. and that, i am totally cool with. actually, i'm fine with all of it. because i get to listen to headphones while i work, and thats awesome. anything that doesn't have any customer service is AWESOME. but god, i could sure go for a danish donut right now. thank you, cheesily-named bakery extrordinaire!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

arent jobs that involve some sort of break-through research EXCITING?! even though you are only running errands, if they do have success, you can totally lay claim that you helped. without you, it couldnt be done.
i am working with dogs in a study to map the affects of DHA on brain function. i sure as hell dont do anything benifitial, but you bet your ass i am gonna pretend that i do if this study works out!

-H