some folks drive the bears out of the wilderness, some to see a bear would pay a fee -
but me, i just bear up to my bewildered best, and some folks even see the bear in me
-Lyle Lovett

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

fun fun fun fun SICK!

like duck duck goose but lamer.

so i had a really good time this weekend. I went to pullman to visit haley for the long weekend. Went to my first "club" ever. Was gay night. they had a drag show that was kind of lame, but still entertaining. That was fun, some questionable guys dancing with us, but Haley pulled us away and we continued to dance on our own. i like dancing. (i especially loved that they played all these club songs and rap/hip-hop kind of stuff that i could kind of dance to, and everybody else seemed to know... and then something like 'footloose' would come on and i'd go insane. haley and i also jitterbugged to 'jitterbug' which was way fun in a 'wow, those girls are dorks' kinda way. :) )

and then..... we had breakfast at a cool restaraunt, and moved haley's stuff from her old house to her new apartment, then went to Moscow, ID for some shopping at the mall. i find it amusing that i live in seattle but i'd rather go shopping in moscow. but i bought 2 shirts that i really like, and perfume (which i'd never bought before) and some super-cool yummy-smelling face wash. thennnnn.... we ate pasta (which i fucked up... pretty sad considering it came out of a box) and manna from heaven (chicken kiev). Stayed up watching 2 Ellen Degeneres comedy specials and Napoleon Dynamite (which i liked way better than i thought i would). Next day, took Sydney (Haley's dog) on her longest walk ever touring the campus, which is pretty. (But has WAY too many gyms/athletic centers. i don't understand it.) We went to coffee with Christa Martin, who i haven't seen since highschool, and then to dinner at a cool restarant, and finally watched Brokeback Moutain. Haley hadn't seen it, but it was time #2 for me. Have to be caught up with my mother. :) Monday we had lunch with Clayton and Ryan MOEN, which was kindof another crazy blast from the past. He really hasn't changed much, which is cool.

So. Tres fun. And then i got home and unpacked and stuff, while noticing my nose was getting stuffier and stuffier, and my thoat had really started to hurt on the plane. Needless to say i woke up today unable to breathe and with a killer headache. Took lots of pills. I can breathe now, but my head is still pounding and gets insanely bad whenever I stand up or try to move around. So, no school for me today. The is the first day all quarter i've missed ALL my classes. usually i feel better enough by midday to go to my film classes, but I just feel sore all over still and can't bring myself to go be miserable outside of my own home. So i'm finishing up some homework and grading FPS packets and spending some much needed time with my lovely cat, who i missed while i was away. I hope everybody else is feeling better than me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

riley, i had so much fun.
it was a really good weekend having you here.

umm... my hot roommate is a lesbian. and i am dying. DYING.