some folks drive the bears out of the wilderness, some to see a bear would pay a fee -
but me, i just bear up to my bewildered best, and some folks even see the bear in me
-Lyle Lovett

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I. HATE. EVERYTHING.

Not really.  But kind of.
I hate things a little less than I hated them yesterday.


I'm so tired. So, so, so tired. I have one more paper due Wednesday at 6:00pm, and My parents fly in Wednesday night at 9pm. I'm relatively certain that as soon as we get back to my apartment I'm just going to collapse into a ball of sad-happy-tired that they're here and I'm really done with school and they'll take care of me for a second and shit.  I just think it will be enough of a release/relief that I probably won't be able to take it. (FYI, Dad, I'm probably just going to hug you for like, hours, on Wednesday night. You don't get to unpack, you just have to stand/sit there and let me hug you until I fall asleep. Then you can unpack.)

(click, then right-click open in new tab to see full size)

I really did eat the worst shit imaginable for the past 7 days. WHICH IS SO UNFORTUNATE, because I was on the last week of this big crazy diet and so I pretty much destroyed all the good work I had done.  But really, today is the first day in a week where my brain has been able to say, "hey, maybe we should, like, drink some tea and not destroy ourselves with chocolate and fried and all the sugar, what do you say?"  I say yes, body - we can do that. I'm sorry for the last 7 days in which I treated you like an abusive boyfriend.  So back to paleo eating. Which, really, is pretty great when I think about it for half a tick. Because I like meat.

I have dreams of getting back to where I was at the most successful point of this diet, because, like, daaaamn.  I looked good.  Partially just because I felt like I looked good, and that makes all the difference. And I could see my collar bones really easily, that makes all the difference too.

See - lookit my sadface now. First picture is from May 31st, just 11 days ago.  I was really trying to recreate the first picture for comparison's sake, but I just couldn't hide the sadface:

also fatter cheeks and sadder skin :(

I'm happy my parents are coming. And I'm happy that I had to clean my apartment Sunday (they were showing it Monday), so that's already done. SEE, I'M LOOKING FOR POSITIVES, HERE.

Also, was supposed to go to Crossfit last night but couldn't make it because was finishing my crazy paper. Am signed up for class tonight - hopefully I can make that. (Even if I am marginally afraid of it.)(But better to jump in than pussyfoot around it - and I know once I get there and get back into it I'll be much, much happier.)


No comments: