some folks drive the bears out of the wilderness, some to see a bear would pay a fee -
but me, i just bear up to my bewildered best, and some folks even see the bear in me
-Lyle Lovett

Friday, May 04, 2007

why is it so friggin cold in my room?

This is actually a post i started about a week ago... i dont remember what else i was going to say... but you can read it anyway.


i'm wearing a sweatshirt and slippers and warm pajama pants and i'm freezing. and heidi's about to open the door to take out her bike and things are just going to go downhill from there...

i bought a dvd burner the other day... so i can make silly copies of my silly movies and send them to silly people. :) and also because i've been downloading movies (thank you zach) and want a hard copy of some of them.

and at work today, waiting for datasets to download, i started reading a book for my research paper on music in Stanley Kubrick films. i thought i should acquaint myself formally with film music theory a bit and so started reading The Art of Film Music and found myself quickly on page 70. This is not a normal occurance. I suppose thats what happens when you actually read something youre interested in... which hasnt happened for me for 6 years or so...

No comments: