some folks drive the bears out of the wilderness, some to see a bear would pay a fee -
but me, i just bear up to my bewildered best, and some folks even see the bear in me
-Lyle Lovett

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Totally Unnecessary Resume Video!

I made a new resume video for Korea!  I shot it the morning of the day I held the interview with the school I'll be working at, so it turns out there was really no need at all to redo my resume. BUT, since I had it, and I like editing, I went ahead and put it together - it is a better video than the first in a few respects - mostly in that I actually talk about kids and teaching experience/ideas, etc.  It's also shorter, which is good.


This is the original resume video I made, back in January.  It's mostly just me talkin' about me.  But there's also a couple of other people talking about me.  The cat also makes an appearance. Most importantly, it's all fancy in that I shot in multiple locations, in multiple outfits, and my friend Hyun graciously agreed to provide a Korean translation so that I could caption it.


The problem with this video, however, and the reason that I made a new one - is THE CAT.  I love the cat, and I didn't want to shock any employers or feel like I was hiding him or something, so I thought it wise to include him in the video. WRONG!  I had two different jobs reject me because of the cat, and one specifically because of this video - because he looked "too big," according to the landlord.  Perhaps all hogwash, but seeing as how this was 4 months old by now, and I thought I should probably have talked more about kids and teaching, I went ahead and shot a second one. And the second one only took 20 minutes of shooting and 30 minutes of editing (compared to something like 6 hours of shooting and 4 hours of editing for the first one), so why not just have them both up there, just in case.

And I felt like posting the new one, because I kind of like it and I wanted someone to see it, even if no schools ever need to.


UGH ALL I SEE IN THAT FIRST VIDEO NOW IS HOW UPTURNED MY NOSE ISSSSSSS.

1 comment:

WholeinmySeoul said...

This is very well put together. I was so emotional reading this, especially the E-mail you got while we were at J/KPop night!
I am SO very happy for you, and if everything goes well we might get to meet up in Seoul this summer ^_^