some folks drive the bears out of the wilderness, some to see a bear would pay a fee -
but me, i just bear up to my bewildered best, and some folks even see the bear in me
-Lyle Lovett

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

some cakes and other arts


The Barack Obama Cake. Made for election night, but pretty damn poignant for today.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



A christmas present for Jill, who loves green.
I've been knitting a lot, and have made quite a few hats and scarves and cowls,
but this is the only one i have pictures of, sorry.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


the beginning of my christmas card printing phase.
i should throw pictures of all of those up, as well.
(especially as the first batch was much tamer than later prints...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


for those of you who didn't see it -
the TERMINATOR cake.
perhaps one of the greatest crowning achievements of my life thus far.
more pictures can be found on my flickr,
or my new kind-of website in the cake gallery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





the HIGHLANDER cake.
for the "beautiful, sexy, and hilarious" jill,
who left me all alone at work. :(


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


a very special birthday cake for Max,
whose vast imagination turns even the mundane magical.





No comments: